Our modern living has made us use many electrical appliances in our daily life. At the beginning of the twentieth century people use to use very less electrical devices at home for their daily needs, but now the usage has increased tremendously and the negative impact of this is it has increased the risk of electrical hazards and accidents in the house.
If you are planning to buy a new house or renovate your existing house wiring, call for an expert Electrician Northern Beaches for professional installation services or for a house electrical system inspection. It is a very important task to protect your family members from future hazards or any other electrical risks or accidents due to poor wiring system at home.
Any type of electrical installations, inspection, maintenance, repairs or service should be handled with expert and licensed electricians. The house wiring should be inspected for every year and identify the condition of the wiring of the electrical wiring system. Thoroughly check the condition of the electrical wires, outlets, cords, power plugs, extension cords and electrical cords.
Check and understand some of the symptoms that indicate a problem with the home electrical wiring system:
- Flickering or dimming of the lights
- Repeated circuit trips
- Heating of the circuit wires or devices
- Smoke or fire near the outlets
- Overrated circuit
- Burning smell from circuits
- Damaged or worn insulation
- Charred outlets and switches
- Buzzing sensation while using a device
- Hot fixtures
Safety tips to check the electrical wiring at home:
- Regularly check all your lighting fixtures, if they are dimmed or brighten occasionally.
- Check the circuit breakers and fuses
- Check the wattage of all the electrical equipment and lights
- Check all the extension cords, wiring and outlets
- Check the switches and the circuit panels
- Check all wall outlets
- Check all the heavy appliances
- Check the fire alarms and smoke detectors
- Presence of Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs) and their working
- Check the breaker box
- Check the insulation of the wiring
- Check the service panel wiring
These simple and small tips will facilitate you to know and identify if any electrical dangers occur or about to in the house. Follow the safety tips for your family and your property safety. If you need further assistance or want to know your house electrical wiring system status, contact Electrician Sydney for more information.
The problems in the wiring may cause some small or large inconveniences, but some may pose high risk of serious hazards, fire accidents, or even heavy or electrocution. Hire a certified electrician for complete house inspection. Any improper wiring may cause shock. Don’t try to fix the problems by yourself and if you identify any danger switch off the equipment and call for assistance. Follow the electrical safety measures and accessories when you handle any faulty electrical appliances at home.